I have just joined and wish to say Hi

Graham17

Holla,
My name is Graham and i have recently settled in Spain (Javea)after leaving colder climates of the North East of England, anyway i have a garden that i want to develope into a more user friendly mode, at present everything is either poisonous or rips your skin apart.
My aim is to plant fruit trees, shrubs and vegetables in the three terraces on one side of my villa, to the rear of my property i have a rocky aspect which i would like to adorn with alpines, the other side area is again terraced which i will retain a couple of the huge cacti as individual features with some mixed flowering plants.
My wife and i love geraniums as colour is important to both of us also we want to encourage plants that deter mosquito's, pot plants will be scattered around our home to hopefully give a Spanish theme.
So, what i am looking for now is advice on the best places to buy plants, vegetables and plants and would greatly appreciate contact from other members offering some do's and dont's.
I have visited many garden centres in and around Javea and to be very honest their prices are very high so knowing where to go for reasonable priced plants would be a great start.
I have one outlet in Javea that is more for allotment use but they sell to the public which is great when you want quantities of fertilizers, tools and equipment and they are both inexpensive and very friendly indeed, don't speak English, i try my Spanish but i'm hopeless but at the end of the day my wife and i get what we want and have had a giggle getting it.
I hope that i haven't bored you all with my request for advice and hope to hear from you in the near future, Regards,
Graham

george

Hi Graham

Welcome to sunny Spain. I hope you have as much fun and joy developing your garden as we did. Unfortunately we are south of Alicante, so helping you with garden centres probably is out. We did buy our main plants from garden centres, but you can often pick up quite a few bargains in local markets. Keep your eyes scanning those stalls - some have really good bargains. Good luck and let us know how you get on. Unfortunately we do not have the euro on our side so much these days.....
:cry: :cry: :cry:
George