Dame de Notche/Hibiscus/Datura

Enna1

Gardening in Spain is definitely different from the UK and I am having problems with the 3 plants above.

1. Dame de Notche flowered when I put the plant in when it was approx 2 ft high and has now stopped flowering altogether and is four ft high

2. Hibiscus - plenty of buds but the flowers don't mature beyond the bud

3. Datura - is about 2 1/2 metres high - leaves go yellow and drop off and have had 3/4 sets of flowers since Spring. Hardly any leaves at the bottom of the plant - look really bare

Can live with nasturums not flowering.

We have the Dame de notche and hibiscus in huge concrete tubs - water every night when needed = when not needed we don't water = we feed about every 3 weeks but there is new compost in the tubs.

The Datura is in a tub and wonder whether we need to feed the plant more often.

Advice would be appreciated. I have tried talking to them to no avail.

bobo

I had similar problems with an hibiscus and found that I was over watering it. It doesn't need watering-try stopping the water and see how it looks after a couple of weeks. My one was much happier once I switched off the water feed.

I did thid because my neighbours hibiscus was looking wonderful and when I asked him what he was feeding them with, he said he wasn't doing anything including watering - so I tried it and saw an improvement within a week or so.