trailing plant for arch

sjm

Hello, this is my first question on this site so hope I get a response! I am a novice gardener so any help would be appreciated. We live in Andalucia and have recently erected an arch and wondered what would be the most suitable (and fast growing) trailing plants to cover it. One will be planted in the ground and the other side plant will be in a pot, it is a north facing wall, shaded in the morning, sun in the afternoon. I have tried growing trailers in pots before without much success. Thanks

brenda

HI there I also live in Andalucia near Archidonna we have a arch,and found Solanium Jasminoides or in Spanish Solano grows very rapidly it comes in white and a bluey mauve although the white grows stronger.There is also another type of Jasmine with a flower similar to orange blossom which we have in a pot which does okay.I find when I plant anything I put a spoonfull of dried blood into the hole seems to help,in Spanish it,s called Sangue Secco,and if plants look abit sorry for theirselves I use a product called Sulfato de Herro you have to look for these but there worth finding I hope I have been able to help .PS if you have dogs keep them away from the plants with the dried blood my dogs dug them up. brenda.W.