Purple flowered climbing weed !!!

Steve243

i am new to this Forum and have joined with the hope that someone can help me identify a rampant climbing purple flowered weed that has taken over my garden here in southern Spain. it has a 3 pointed green broad leaf with a purple trumpet shaped flower and spreads via a vine type shoot which seems to grow 2 - 3 inches a day and can end up like rope and very hard to break !!
It smothers anything it comes into contact with, chokes it and denies sunlight and so kills it. Any ideas on what it is and how to get rid of it would be appreciated !. Thanks.... ( i will gladly send photos or if someone can tell me how to post one here )

Steve243

Purple flowered climbing weed !!! (update)

Quick update and for everyone's information, the Purple flowered weed i'm having so much trouble is called ' Morning Glory ' ( Ipomoea Indica ). After a lot of searching i find that the only way to get rid of it is to physically pull it out as there is no chemical to get rid of it, unless anyone knows better !!.

rychyrd

Purple flowering weed

Sounds like convovulus to me. Yes it can be difficult to eradicate BUT do you really want to eradicate it completely??
It is a beautiful plant...it has a beautiful flower.....it needs no attention at all and will cover up a lot of unsightly areas. A perfect no maintanance plant for Spain