marks on the tiles

bobo

In one part of the pool which is underwater, there appears to be a dark colour to the grouting on a small area. I don't think it is algae as it has been scrubbed, any ideas welcome.

bobo

I have been told tht the marks are rust coming through from the concrete frame work , where the reinforcing metal bars are close to the inner edge. it is only a small patch, but a nuisance to remedy. The pool has to be drained to the depth of the area needing attention. Then the tiles removed, treated and then replaced. I am going to get back to the buider to have this done (if I am lucky). But I have heard that it costs around 250 euros to have someone in to do the job otherwise.

I am not having it done this year, so I will keep you posted when I finally get round to sorting this one.

george

Yes this happens at times - it isn't a major job, but the water wil need draining and a reputable tiler will need to remove and use waterproof materials to replace new tiles. Check to see whether you are still covered on your 10 year building contract if it's a new home or if you are still under guarantee from the pool builder - might be able to get it fixed with some financial help.